ESTIV will grant 2 travel bursaries to attend the EUROTOX 2019 congress. Grantees will be:
• Reimbursed up to 500 EUR of travel and accommodation costs after the EUROTOX 2019 congress following submission of a certificate of attendance as well as original receipts and/or invoices.
• Expected to write a contribution on the conference for the ESTIV newsletter.
• Expected to give a webinar on their research for ESTIV/ASCCT members.
At the time of the deadline of application, eligible candidates must be:
• Member of ESTIV for at least 1 year,
• Maximum 35 years old,
• At master, doctoral or postdoctoral level,
• Officially living or working in Europe in the past 3 years,
• Not have received a travel bursary from ESTIV in the past 5 years,
• Not have received a travel bursary from another source for attending the EUROTOX2019 congress.
The application dossier should contain:
• A copy of the identity card mentioning date of birth,
• A Curriculum Vitae including full affiliation and list of publications,
• Letter of support of 2 referees among which preferably the current supervisor and/or former (master/doctoral) thesis promotor,
• A personal motivation letter.
The different documents in the application dossier should be sent as PDF files in a single mail to the ESTIV President (email@example.com) at latest by 1 August 2019 at 5:00 pm CET. Evaluation of the application dossiers and selection of the winners will be done by the ESTIV Board. The winners will be personally informed by the ESTIV President by 31 August 2019 followed by announcement in the ESTIV newsletter and social media.
ESTIV will also grant a Best poster award, including 500 EUR and 1 year (2020) free ESTIV membership, to a PhD student or young scientist (≤ 35 years old) presenting her/his research work in the field of in vitro or in silico toxicology per poster as first author during the EUROTOX 2019 congress. The winner will be selected based on scientific excellence, innovation, and clarity of the poster presentation. Eligibility also includes presence during the closing ceremony of the EUROTOX 2019 congress, as the winner will be announced at this occasion. EUROTOX 2019 attendees need to indicate their interest in the ESTIV Best poster award by sending the following documents to ESTIV President Mathieu Vinken (firstname.lastname@example.org) at latest by 15 August 2019:
• Curriculum Vitae,
• Supporting letter from the supervisor or the head of department,
• Abstract as first author submitted for poster presentation to the EUROTOX 2019 congress,
• Proof of registration for the EUROTOX 2019 congress.