You can enter the submission tool via the button below.
Below you may find all information regarding your abstract submission. All abstracts should be submitted via the abstract submission system. Abstracts submitted via email or all other methods will not be considered. Please read carefully the submission guidelines below before submitting an abstract.
- The deadline for late-breaking abstract submission is 29th of February 2024.
- The late-breaking abstract notification is planned on 28th of March 2024.
- Abstracts should cover original work.
- The abstract can be original work which has previously been published, but this cannot be included in the special addition of TIV. Only original work which has not previously been published can be considered for publication in the special edition of TIV.
- There is no abstract submission fee.
- The submitter is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the contents of the abstract before submission.
- More than 1 abstract can be submitted by the same person. However, each presenting author can have a maximum of 2 abstracts selected for oral presentation. Therefore, additional accepted abstracts will be selected for poster presentation only. A presenting author can present only 1 poster.
- Submission of an abstract implies formal commitment by the designated presenting author to register for the congress and to present the abstract. However, registration is not required at the time of submission.
- Abstracts can be edited/updated before the abstract submission deadline by logging in to the congress account used to submit the abstract. After the abstract submission deadline, it will no longer be possible to edit/update submitted abstracts.
- Late-breaking abstract submissions will only be eligible for poster presentation.
- All abstracts will be evaluated by the ESTIV 2024 Scientific Committee and may be rejected or selected for oral or poster presentation.
- All abstracts accepted for presentation will be published in the abstract book and on the congress website prior to the congress.
- Please note that the corresponding author will receive all correspondence about the abstract. For this reason, the presenting author will automatically act as corresponding author in the system.
- Your abstract is not successfully submitted until you receive a confirmation e-mail after clicking the final submit button. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic. The topics are:
– Bio-engineering, stem cells and disease models
– Models, biomarkers and assays for endocrine disruption
– Models, biomarkers and assays for systemic and immune toxicity
– Models, biomarkers and assays for developmental toxicity
– Cardiotoxicity and cardiac efficacy models
– Local toxicity testing (safety and efficacy)
– Case studies for successful use and implementation of complex in vitro models
– Challenges in cosmetics safety
– Organ-on-a-chip & Microphysiological Systems
– Regulatory considerations for complex NAMs
– Computational toxicology – in silico modelling, read-across, artificial intelligence and machine learning
– Toxicokinetics and in vitro – in vivo extrapolation
– In vitro systems to assess respiratory toxicity
– Non-animal methods for safety testing of biopharmaceuticals/biotherapies/vaccines
– Knowledge sharing and education
– Funding the development, validation and implementation of NAMs
– ECHA, EMA and EFSA perspectives on the use of NAMs
– In vitro and in silico methods for safety assessment of medical devices
– Role of 3R centres in the dissemination and implementation of NAMs
Abstracts must be written in English
1. Presenting author’s contact details should be included.
2. Please include author and co-authors’ details including affiliation and country.
3. The abstract title should be in upper case.
4. The abstract text should be limited to 300 words.
5. Any pictures, attachments or similar are not allowed/will not be displayed.
6. The submission form allows you to save your abstract as a draft in order to make changes prior submission.
7. Submit your abstract before 29th of February 2024.