The European Society of Toxicology In Vitro (ESTIV) will grant an early career award for the first time in 2020 and intends to do so every 2 years coinciding with its biennial conferences. The award will be given to an early career scientist in recognition of an outstanding and significant contribution to the field of in vitro and/or in silico toxicology.
The award includes:
- A prize of 500€.
- An award certificate.
- An invitation to the ESTIV conference taking place 8-11 June 2020 in Barcelona-Spain with full registration waiver, coverage of travel and accommodation costs, and guest lecture.
At the time of the deadline of the application, eligible candidates must:
- Be member of ESTIV for at least 1 year.
- Have received appropriate qualification, such as a master degree, allowing to commence a PhD, but not necessarily have started a PhD yet.
- Have less than 8 years of research experience following receipt of that qualification, which could be without a PhD, in the middle of a PhD or a fairly recently finished a PhD.
- Be officially living or working in Europe in the past 3 years.
- Be single first author of at least 1 published research paper in the top 25% of journals (Q1) in the field of toxicology or other relevant area according to Web of Science.
- Be presenter of at least 1 oral contribution in a relevant international conference or scientific event.
- Commit to attend the ESTIV conference taking place 8-11 June 2020 in Barcelona-Spain.
The application dossier should contain:
- A copy of the identity card mentioning nationality and date of birth.
- Proof of permanent residence or employment in Europe in the past 3 years.
- A Curriculum Vitae including full affiliation.
- A complete list of publications with indication of impact factors and journal classification (Q1-4) according to Web of Science at the time of submission of the papers.
- A PDF version of the research paper(s) as first author.
- A proof of delivery of (an) oral presentation(s) in a relevant international conference or scientific event.
- Letter of support of 2 referees among which preferably the current supervisor and/or former (master/doctoral) thesis promotor.
- A personal motivation letter.
The different documents in the application dossier should be sent as PDF files in a single mail to the ESTIV President (email@example.com) at latest by 1 December 2019 at 5:00 pm CET. Evaluation of the application dossiers and selection of the winner will be done by the ESTIV Board. The winner will be personally informed by the ESTIV President by the end of January 2020 followed by announcement in the ESTIV newsletter and social media.