The European Society of Toxicology In Vitro (ESTIV) is happy to announce that it will be offering ESTIV BEST POSTER AWARD (€ 500, Certificate) to a young scientist wanting to participate in the JRC Summer School 2021 on Non-animal Approaches in Science: The Three R…evolution, to be held from 18 to 21 May 2021 at the European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC) site in Ispra (Italy).
The JRC Summer School is specifically tailored for post-graduate students (e.g. master and PhD students) and early-career scientists (max. 4 years after master) working in the biosciences and will focus on non-animal methods and technologies and the opportunities and challenges associated with their application in various fields such as regulatory toxicology and biomedical research. More information on the JRC Summer School can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/event/conference/jrc-summer-school-non-animal-approaches-science-3
Draft Meeting Agenda: https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/sites/jrcsh/files/agenda_summer_school_2021_virtual.pdf
How to apply?
To apply please submit the following documents to: email@example.com by 12 May 2021:
- A motivation letter, including the name and contact details of a professional reference (a reference letter is not requested)
- A short CV using the template provided (as required for applying to the JRC Summer School):
- CV template JRC for Summer School 2021
- A poster abstract required for applying to the JRC Summer School:
Abstract template for JRC summer school 2021
- Finalized poster in pdf form.
Selection of participants will be based on the following criteria:
- Applicants should be members of ESTIV. The membership application can be sought before sending the requested files. (Please visit https://estiv.org/membership and proceed with the membership application via the link given on the web).
- The relevance of the current area of study or job to in vitro/in silico toxicology
- Clarity and relevance of the motivation letter
- Scientific quality of the poster abstract
- Priority will be given to applicants who did not receive a grant or award from ESTIV in the past 3 years
- Opening date for applications to JRC Summer School: 1 September 2020
- The deadline for applications to JRC Summer School has been now extended to 17 January!
- Decisions on the Pester award will be announced by an e-mail from the ESTIV President to the awarded student on 20 May 2021