The European Society of Toxicology In Vitro (ESTIV) is happy to announce that it will be offering two travel grants of maximum € 500 each to two early career scientists wanting to participate in the JRC Summer School on “JRC Summer School on Non-animal Approaches in Science: Towards Sustainable Innovation“, to be held from 23 May 2023, 10:00 CEST – 26 May 2023, 13:00 CEST at the European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC) site in Ispra (Italy).
The JRC Summer School is specifically tailored for post-graduate students (e.g. master and PhD students) and early-career scientists (max. 5 years after master/PhD) working in the biosciences and will focus on non-animal methods and technologies and the opportunities and challenges associated with their application in various fields such as regulatory toxicology and biomedical research. More information on the JRC Summer School can be found here:
How to apply?
To apply please submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd March:
- A motivation letter, including the name and contact details of a professional reference (a reference letter is not requested)
- A short CV using the template provided (as required for applying to the JRC Summer School)
- A poster abstract submitted to the JRC Summer School
Selection of participants will be based on the following criteria:
- Applicants should be members of ESTIV. Membership applications can be sought before sending in an application by contacting email@example.com and putting firstname.lastname@example.org in Cc.
- Relevance of current area of study or job to in vitro/in silico toxicology
- Clarity and relevance of the motivation letter
- Scientific quality of the poster abstract
- Priority will be given to applicants who did not receive a grant or award from ESTIV in the past 3 years
- Closing date for applications to JRC Summer School: 17 January 2023
- Closing date for application to ESTIV grant: 23 March 2023
- Decisions on grant attribution and acceptance to JRC Summer School will be announced by email on 31 March 2023